Yakuza 7 Reveals Some Extra Things You Can Do
- Kart Racing With Rocket Launchers.
- Summonings With Cell Phones.
- NPCs Turning Into Half-Naked Mohawk Enemies.
Japanese website Famitsu has revealed some information on Yakuza 7: Whereabouts of Light and Darkness, the latest entry in the long-running series that began on PlayStation 2. The Yakuza series has been known to have tons of side activities to partake in, and Yakuza 7 seems to be no different despite the change to a JRPG play style.
- Saeko Mukouda (voiced by Sumire Uesaka) – Cabaret hostess.
- Kouichi Adachi (voiced by Akio Ootsuka) – A former detective. He has received an unreasonable demotion by Horinouchi, the Superintendent General of the Metropolitan Police, for revolting against him. He is working with protagonist Ichiban Kasuga to get closer to Masumi Arakawa, who holds the evidence.
Live Command RPG Battle
- When a battle begins, the regular people and those wearing delinquent-like outfits on the field will transform into RPG-like enemy characters with mohawks, or be half-naked, and have weapons.
- By paying money on your smartphone in battle, you can summon help. A large number of characters can be summoned, including Gary Buster Holmes, Gonda Wara, a crayfish, and more. Summons can support you in battle through attack, recovery, and more.
- Dragon Kart – A racing game set on a course in the streets of Yokosuka. Pick up boxes to obtain weapons like a rocket launcher or Gatling gun.
- Traditional Movie Theater – Ichiban Kasuga always falls asleep in the middle of a movie. This is a button-pressing (rhythm game?) where Kasuga battles the temptation of a sheep man in order to overcome that sleepiness.
- PachiSlot – PachiSlot games Million God: Kamigami no Gaisen Another God Hades: Ubowareta ZEUS Ver., PachiSlot Fist of the Blue Sky: Houyuu, and PachiSlot Moujuuou: Ouja no Houkou appear. Settings do not reset when you leave the parlor, but rather change with specific timing. Machines located closer to the entrance have higher rates, which reflect the settings of real life parlors. This is the only PachiSlot simulator running on PlayStation 4.
In case you were unaware, Yakuza 7 will tell a new story with a new protagonist named Kasuga Ichiban. Ichiban is released from prison after 18 years for a crime he didn’t commit. The former member of Tojo clan’s Arakawa family seeks to protect Kamurocho after the police and the Omi Alliance join forces. If you’ve never played a Yakuza, or hadn’t had interest in the prior character’s story, Yakuza 7 looks to be a good entry point, if you want to get into the series,
Yakuza 7: Whereabouts of Light and Darkness will release on PlayStation 4 on January 16, 2020 in Japan, with an international release set for sometime in 2020. For more information on the upcoming game, be sure to follow the developers on Twitter and their publisher, Sega, on Facebook and Twitter.