‘Zengeon’ Coming This Year to Consoles
- Will release on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
- Already available on Steam.
- A style-bursting color-filled fusion of Action RPG and Roguelite.
Developer IndieLeague Studio and publisher PQube have announced that their action adventure RPG rogue-like Zengeon will release sometime in 2020 on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. The title originally released back in June of last year on PC via Steam. Zengeon aims to provide players an action focused anime-inspired experience. There are many characters to choose from, each with varying play styles.
Zengeon gets its inspiration from ancient Chinese culture and deities. Players will uncover the mystical story by collecting Memory Fragments in its various levels, which change every time you play. Zengeon features random enemies, power-ups, bosses, and puzzles. There are endless runs to look forward to, both alone and with online multiplayer. You’ll head out with up to three other players, and defend the world from the demonic darkness. As you slaughter your way through these infernal hordes, you’ll encounter some gigantic bosses. There are six playable characters, each of which have their own attacks, skills, and items. You’ll never know which character is best suited for a level, as stage layouts are always varied and different. Enemy placements, item pick-ups, and more are constantly shuffled, meaning you’ll need to keep an eye out for them. This has been designed to provide the player with an endless amount of replayability. Other features are as follows:
- Six Unique Characters: Each student of the Celestial College controls a Guardian spirit with amazing abilities and features! Find the pair that appeals most to your play style and fight your way through the hordes of darkness!
- Roguelite Thrill: Dying to one of the many hazards makes you lose everything except for the Memory Fragments you collected. Adapt to Zengeon‘s challenges on your own or with up to three party members online!
- Dynamic Power-Ups: Randomized power-ups give your hits a chance to summon minions like lightning elementals, cause blizzards or heal you. Find your favorites as you mix and match!
- Tradition Meets Anime: The beautiful anime art style reimagines ancient Chinese culture in a super stylish way. Explore mystical levels, strange dimensions and impressive arenas full of passion for detail.
Are you excited for Zengeon? Will you be picking it up? If so, on what platform? For those who played it when it originally released on PC, would you recommend it? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Skully, realMyst: Masterpiece Edition, and Bonkies. To stay up to date on Zengeon, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, and their official website.