Zombie Slayer ‘Dead or School’ Arrives in March
- Pick it up on March 13th.
- Coming to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
- Travel across Tokyo slaying zombies.
Developer Studio Nanafushi and publisher Marvelous Europe have announced that their action RPG Dead or School will be releasing on the 13th of March for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Dead or School originally released back in August of 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan, as well as in June of the same year for PC via Steam.
Dead or School tells the story of a post-apocalyptic Tokyo, where the remnants of humanity live in isolation underground. On the surface, the zombie plague has run rampant. Protagonist Hisako has romanticized the tales her grandmother would tell, old memories about how children would go to school, and all the social activities they would do. Wanting to experience this life, Hisako makes her way to the surface, with the goal of eliminating all of the zombies, so that she may also live that lifestyle. With her grandmother’s old school uniform on, she rises to the surface to destroy the undead.
To perfectly capture this old high-school life, Hisako travels across the infested Tokyo via the city’s subway system. Each mission will take players to a different familiar location in Tokyo. You will get to travel and explore: Shinjuku, Asakusa, Akihabara and Roppongi. To make things easier, so that you stand a chance against the continually difficult enemies, you’ll be able to upgrade Hisako’s weapons and skill sets, as well as unlock additional new weapons. Other features are as follows:
- Explore Tokyo in a fast-paced 2.5D adventure – Take control of Hisako and explore different areas of Tokyo through the underground subway system while defeating hordes of different zombies and huge bosses.
- Slice and Shoot to Salvation – Engage enemies with close-range sword attacks and long-range weapon attacks which can be combined to create deadly combination attacks on the undead army roaming the city.
- Upgrade and Customize your loadout – Enhance Hisako’s abilities using money and experience gained during combat with new weapons and skills.
- Animated cut-scenes with Japanese voice-over – Enjoy cinematic animated cut-scenes with full Japanese voice over.
Are you excited for the release of Dead or School? Is this a title you’ve been looking forward to? For those who played it on Steam, would you recommend this title? To stay up to date on Dead or School, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and their official website.